Programme Two – Mental health, learning disability and autism
Through programme two we are working on the following core projects:
- Promoting employment education, training and meaningful activities to support the recovery and wellbeing of people with mental health, learning disabilities and autism
- Delivery of the mental health strategy as outlined in the NHS Long term Plan and Mental Health Forward view to give parity of esteem to mental health conditions
- Reviewing Section 117 packages of care to ensure our plans promote service users independence, recovery and contribute to sustainability
- Reviewing alternatives to hospital care for older people with mental health needs to ensure appropriate services are in place to support people with dementia and or functional illnesses
- Looking at alternatives to detention to ensure appropriate use of the Mental Health Act in detentions across Sunderland.